The 2011 Clarion UCSD Write-a-Thon is almost over!
Since the Clarion overlapped the end of the Whittaker contest, I worked harder and produced more new texts… and some SF poetry! I did modestly on the Whittaker final tally (310 points) but was gratified by the production boost.
Here is my short fiction writing during the 6-weeks Clarion (counting two weeks of family vacation!) Feel free to visit my Write-a-Thon Writer page here to send a small contribution for the Clarion Foundation.
- The Robe (SF)
- Wrinkles (fantastic)
- A Short Stay at the Caracalla’s Resort (Dark SF)
- The Patroness (fantastic)
And for my current works in progress:
- about 10 000 words on the last novel in the Chaaas series
- near 5000 words on my next SF YA novel (52 000 words) to be published next February
- Writing on two short-fiction pieces in progress.
- Editing on the synopses on two other short novels
- Plus… 6 brand-new pages of a new SF graphic novel! (Extract here) I’m normally faster on the draw, but my free time is limited!